Guide To Fix AVG Antivirus Unable To Work Issue In Your PC
AVG Antivirus is known among the best antivirus in the world and it is used by millions of users globally. Besides, this antivirus provides great PC & Mobile device security services to its users along with online protection. AVG also offers affordable security subscriptions offers as well as avails great device protection plans to its customers. One can easily enjoy top-notch services via the AVG program and make his PC secured and protected against threats.
However, there are times when users do face issues like AVG antivirus not opening issue or not working problem due to various reason. Although, these reasons are usually hard to detect by normal users and thus, they face security issues with their devices. Since, any antivirus such as AVG, remove all kinds of viruses, malware, and adware from your device, if it won’t work properly, scanning or fixing such problems won’t be possible on your device. Additionally, it’ll also be prone to hackers where they may use the benefits of this situation. Therefore, read this post further to know how to fix the issue and get your antivirus working back on.
Common Reasons Why Your AVG Antivirus Not Working?
The following are the most common reasons that might have caused your AVG Antivirus not able to work problems.
- Your AVG antivirus version is out-dated or expired.
- The Antivirus files have been corrupted by the virus that was there into your PC.
- The current version of your AVG Antivirus isn’t installed properly.
Simple Methods To Fix AVG Antivirus Not Working Problems
It is better to update your AVG Antivirus as both of its databases and software versions will be updated. Follow the steps mentioned below to update your AVG Antivirus and fix the AVG Antivirus Not Working issue.
- Launch the AVG security program and then navigate to the Menu.
- Now select the Settings option and then move to the General tab.
- Here select the Update option and then let your AVG Antivirus finish the update.
- Alternatively, you can also select the More Options option and then select the Automatic update to default to automatically update the program on a regular basis.
Method 1: Update Outdated AVG Version
Avg regularly updates the virus database and software version. Therefore, they can provide the best security services to Norton users. Follow the step-by-step procedure to update Avg antivirus.
- Open Avg antivirus security settings
- Make sure you have a working internet connection
- Now, click "Live Update"
- Restart your computer and try to open Avg antivirus
Method 2: Try Reinstalling AVG Antivirus on Windows 10
Follow the steps mentioned below to reinstall the AVG Antivirus in your Windows 10 PC.
- First, you’ll need to download & install the AVG Removal tool from its official website.
- Launch the application and then select “Remove and Reinstall” Option.
- Next, you’ll need to click on the Remove option and then the OK button.
- Once the AVG program is uninstalled from your PC then restart it.
- Hereafter, reinstall the program and then see if the issue is fixed.
AVG Won’t Open/AVG Not Opening
Furthermore, if the aforementioned steps couldn’t help you to fix the issue that has caused your AVG antivirus not opening issue then you must contact the technical support. The professionals will surely help you out at any time as they are available 24/7. They will diagnose the exact problem and then troubleshoot your security program and PC as well.